This durable ½-in. think poly-foam exercise mat is perfect for any floor exercise program. Measuring 20 in. x 48 in. x ½ in., it is lightweight, easy to roll up and comes with a convenient carry handle.
Benefits of TRX Training
What is the TRX Suspension Trainer, and why should you care? The TRX (http://www.trxtraining.com ) is an entire gym in a bag, a set of non-stretch straps that can be hung from a door in your apartment, your gym’s pull-up bar or Smith machine bar, or a swing set bar outside, allowing you to work your chest, back, arms, legs, and abs. The TRX, invented by a Navy Seal, looks similar to gymnastics rings; however, the TRX has padded handles and foot cradles, which allow you to do a much wider variety of exercises. The TRX weighs next to nothing and is small enough to fit in your gym bag, purse, or briefcase. Training with the TRX has several unique benefits over other types of fitness equipment.
Trainer’s Toolbox: The Kamagon Ball
By Keli Roberts
When it comes to introducing new products, the fitness industry appears to be a limitless supply of creativity and ingenuity, applying new materials and elements to create functional and highly effective workouts. From iron to sand to water, a wide range of products are now available, each utilizing these elements in unique ways. One of the latest offerings is the Kamagon
When it comes to fitness, simple is sometimes best. Jump ropes exemplify simplicity—and effectiveness. “Jumping rope develops hand-eye coordination, which will also enhance your performance in other areas of your life. I have 90% of my clients jump rope at some point in their programs.”
They come in all weights, sizes and densities. But no matter which variations you choose, medicine balls can add versatility, and maybe even a bit of play. But what kind is best?
“Bouncing medicine balls are great for reaction drills, for deceleration training and for replicating many common exercises you would do with dumbbells—like curls, presses, squats and lunges. Heavier, nonbouncing balls can be used for more explosive movements, such as throws and slams. They allow us to really drive up the kinetic chain—feet to legs to hips to shoulders to hands—and throw the ball as hard as possible without having to worry about it coming back.”
Vitality, performance, reconditioning: these three concepts are what led IDEA author and presenter Michol Dalcourt to invent the ViPR, a rubber tube designed to “allow training and exercise to be purposeful and free.”
“We don’t move as much as we should in conventional weight training,” Dalcourt says. Billed as “the evolution of free weights,” ViPR challenges people not only to learn to shift weight appropriately but also to develop rhythmic motion, which Dalcourt says is missing from traditional strength training. “Learning to move load rhythmically will train the nerves, muscles, fascia and skin to be more efficient and effective at producing force and stability.”
SPRI Deluxe Vinyl Dumbbells (Set of 2)
- Comfortable, no-slip vinyl coating is easy on floors
- Perfect addition to aerobics and step workouts
- Can be held in hands while walking to boost calorie-burning
- Add intensity to every workout and sculpt strong, lean muscles
- Create your own custom resistance routine with a range of weights, coated in vibrant colors
- Transform any space into a personal free weight fitness center
- Adjusts to four different positions for over 30 different exercises
- Comes with a removable leg hold-down brace for added decline position support
- Corrects posture and stabilizes positioning for a safe, muscle-building free-weight workout
- Regular-strength Flex-Band® measuring 198 cm (6’5”) long
- Convenient way to add upper- and lower-body resistance training into your workout
- Boosts muscular endurance and allows you to easily target specific muscle groups
The Braided Xertube
Тhe Braided Xertube takes tubing training to the next level by weaving 4 strands of SPRI's Tuff Tube™ together using patented Braided Tubing Technology. Use the Braided Xertube for all of your high-resistance tubing exercises. Enjoy the long-term benefits of this product's enhanced tubing lifespan and integrity.